Stresses of school,
friends that I haven't seen in a while,
boys that are being dumb,
if I'm going to get to school in time to catch the bus,
what roads are going to be closed (seriously, there is wayyy too much construction in Logan),
what I'm going to have for dinner.
But lately I have been thinking about my future. The semester is almost over and it recently hit me that I will be done soon. I wanted to get done as soon as possible and finish in the summer. Then I started thinking, "What are you in a hurry for?"
I mean, I'm not getting married (or even remotely close), and when I'm done with school I'll probably just move home and begin scouring the country for a job, which are very hard to come by right now.
Frankly, I don't think I'm ready for the 'real world.'
I had been contemplating this decision for a couple of weeks now. And as I was driving home today, I received my answer. I can't even explain the feeling. I felt this burning in my heart that this is the right decision. I know where that feeling came from. I know I am being guided and watched over.
I'm going to take my time finishing school. I'll be graduating next fall. And I am okay with that, because I know it's the right thing to do. I felt His presence today. It's a feeling I haven't had in awhile.
I thought He had given up on me. Lately, I haven't been the person He wants me to be. I'm not the person I want to be. I'm struggling. But today I was reassured that He will never give up on me. His enormous amount of patience amazes me. I really don't deserve it. But it's comforting to know that He will never give up on me. No matter how much I veer off the path, He will always be there to bring me back.
Hey if you're ever bored you can come to my house! It's probably not much more exciting...but still! You should come to the Drinking Party this Friday it's gonna be the bomb. Plus it's Tyler's birthday too so there will be more than just drinks probably. :) COME!
ReplyDelete