Well, I just got back from a week and a half long vacation to Colorado. My favorite part of the trip was going to the Rockies vs. Red Sox games. We went to two of the three games of the series and they were both awesome!
Wednesday, June 23.
For the first game, we got to the ball park early so we could watch batting practice. I also got to watch my main man/pitcher, Papelbon, throw right in front of me. :)

We talked for a minute. Our conversation basically went like this:
I said: Papelbon, I love you!
And then he turned around and said: Marry me!
I know what you all are thinking. Yes, you're invited to the wedding. :)
Our seats were in center field about 6 rows back. Awesome view!

The Rockies had their ace, Ubaldo Jimenez, pitching, so I had a feeling they would win.

As the game went on, I just sat there enjoying the atmosphere and laughing at the drunk guy in front of me that would turn around and give me a high five everytime the Red Sox made a good play. He was rad. He showed us how we could text Google a question and it would answer us back. For FREE! Imagine that.
Anyway, back to the game...the Red Sox were up 6-5 in the 9th inning, so you could imagine who was going to come in and close it for the Sox. Yep, Papelbon. :)

And then this happened...
Yep, Papelbon gave up a walk-off home run to Jason Giambi making the final score 8-6 for the Rockies.
Thursday, June 24.
The next morning we got up and went to the ball park to tour Coors Field. It was way cool. Here are a couple pictures of that adventure:

Family sitting in the Rockies' dugout.

Oh, just chillin' on the field...

Standing in the dugout that the Red Sox were currently occupying. Papelbon probably touched that railing! I'm a nerd. Deal.

Then, Terry Francona, Red Sox manager/head coach(basically), came walking out of the dugout! It was so rad! But then he took off his shirt. Not so rad.

Next game we got there early again to watch batting practice. My dad caught a ball. Souvenir!
Our seats were down the first base line, in right field, 11 rows back.

This game was crazy! The score kept going back and forth.
It was 2-0 Rockies,
then 6-2 Red Sox,
then 8-6 Rockies,
then 9-8 Red Sox.
I just like this picture. Dustin Pedroia. My mom's fave. Spoiler Alert! He did not know at this point in the game that he would be the hero of the night.

In the bottom of the 9th, the score was 11-9. Red Sox were ahead. And again, Papelbon let me down. He gave up two runs, so the score was tied 11-11.
Extra Innings!!
In the top of the 10th, Dustin Pedroia of the Red Sox hit a two-run homerun that put the Sox up 13-11.

Currently have "Queen of the Night" by Whitney Houston going through my head. Only "Queen" is replaced by "Hero." Clever, I know.
[If you are unfamiliar with that song, let me assist you. Click Here]
Papelbon came back out in the bottom of the 10th and was able to close it out. Phew!

Both teams had so many hits and scored so many runs which made for a great game!

Believe it or not, that was only the first two days of the trip. There's still 9 more days to go! Haha but I won't put you through that torture. Ok, we'll just go quick...
Friday, June 25th we went to Waterworld. Way fun!
Saturday, June 26th we went to Elitch Gardens. Not as fun, but fun.
Sunday, June 27th we checked out of our hotel in downtown Denver and checked into one in Aurora so we could be with my sister's comp. softball team, because they had a tournament that week. So we spent the rest of the trip watching softball.
We got home at exactly 7pm on July 4th. It was a good trip. It was nice to get away for a while. But, then again, it's good to be home.
Oh, one more thing before I let you go. Our second hotel room. Hilarious.
They must have looked at us when we went to check in and thought "They need a handicapped room." Oh well. We deal with the hand we are dealt.
Peace and blessings.
Karlie I pretty much love you! I'm glad your trip was good. I watched that super intense third game (but you already knew that) it was such a fabulous game, too bad the Rockies lost in the end though ;) I wanted to be there so bad. It brought back memories of our random Rockies game that we went to with Heather and Millie. Good times.
ReplyDelete