Monday, August 16, 2010

{lost a friend, gained perspective}

My friend Natalie passed away Saturday. She had a rare childhood cancer called Ewing's Sarcoma. She was only 22. It doesn't seem like she's really gone. It doesn't seem real. I don't even know what to say. It hurts. A lot. She fought for 3 years. And there was never a time I didn't see a smile on her face. She was always happy. She has truly changed my life. Given me new perspective. Be happy. Life is too precious to be anything but.

I'll never forget all the fun times we had. Girl's camps, Youth Conferences, Going to movies, bowling, Raptor's games. I am so blessed to have had her in my life and I'm so glad we're friends.


I'm gonna miss that smile
I'm gonna miss you my friend
Even though it hurts the way it ended up
I'd do it all again
So play it sweet in heaven
'Cause that's right where you wanna be
-Toby Keith; Cryin' for me


I love you Natalie Jolley! See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment