Wednesday, September 8, 2010

{Indescribable}


Words can not describe this place. I don't know if it's the ghetto 60's furniture, the fact that there isn't any running water, or the luxurious outhouse; I love this place.

My family and I spent Labor Day weekend at the Aardema family cabin. We had some other friends join us as well. It was a lot of fun. Saturday we went exploring to a small river where the men fly fished for a little while and the women relaxed and watched. As I sat there enjoying nature I realized how beautiful it is:


Photo-op! So beautiful!


After the guys were done fly fishing, we drove to Mirror Lake to do a little lake fishing. My sister and I had a competition to see who could catch the most fish. I caught 4 & she caught 5. Dang.




On Sunday we rode the 4-wheelers up to Lily Lake and went fishing. It was a bumpy ride but so much fun! My hair was covered in dirt. Yummy. I didn't catch any fish that day and Jaycee caught 3! What kind of bait is she using?!


Jaycee with her 3rd catch of the day. I'm in the background pouting.


We sat around the fire every night. I love sitting around the fire. And roasting marshmallows! Mmmmm!

It was nice to get away for a couple days. You're basically excluded from the outside world. No phone service, no running water, no indoor plumbing. But I don't feel lost without those things. I feel found. Haha that doesn't make sense. What I mean is being up there gives me a lot of time to think. About life. Now, I'm going to keep those thoughts to myself, but let's just say that my pondering was successful. :)

Sometimes we get so caught up in the world and forget what is truly important. What's most important to me? Family. Friends. The Gospel. I don't know what I would do without those three things in my life.

Now the weekend is over and it's back to the grind. But before I go, here's a little sneak peek into what our cabin is all 'bout! (from years past)




Wood burning fireplace. The only way to keep warm.




Cabin Breakfast!!



Lifetime supply of snacks.



Going up during winter time and having to park at the bottom and pull your stuff up on sleds.



Boiling snow to do the dishes.



The Loft!



Bambi's Dad.



The awesome 60's furniture!



And Thee Outhouse.


Who wants to go?!
No pun intended.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I love that I'm in most of the pictures you posted. I LOVE this place, so much! We need to make another adventure soon. Fall Break, perhaps??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are the apple of my eye. Last time I checked the calendar, Russell had marked most of October. I'm guessing to go hunting? So I'm not sure if fall break is available. But we shall check.

    ReplyDelete